New Features & Options for 2010
- Exterior color Torch Red returns
- Z06 model now offered in all eight standard exterior colors
- Launch control is standard with all manual-transmission models
- Revised six-speed automatic paddle shift control allows easier return to automatic mode
- Side air bags standard on all models
- New interior console trim patterns
- Optional crossed-flags logo embroidery for seats
- Convertible models include tall rear spoiler from the Z06
- Cashmere interior offered on Z06 and ZR1
- Z06 3LZ package now includes power sport seats and power passenger seat
- Launch control optimises performance for full-throttle starts on a track. In competitive mode, the system will hold a predetermined engine speed while the driver pushes the throttle to the floor. That allows the driver to quickly release the clutch and the system modulates engine torque 100 times per second to maximize the available traction. The system is capable of approaching a skilled driver's best effort and repeats it consistently.
The 6.2L LS3 small-block V-8 is the standard engine in coupe and convertible models. It is rated at 430 horsepower (321 kW) and 424 lb.-ft. of torque (575 Nm) with the standard exhaust system. An optional two-mode exhaust system brings a power rating increase to 436 horses (325 kW) and 428 lb.-ft. (580 Nm). A standard six-speed manual transmission and an optional six-speed automatic with paddle-shift control are offered.
Corvette coupe and convertible have a hydroformed steel rail backbone structure, which features cored composite floors, an enclosed center tunnel, rear-mounted transmission and aluminum cockpit structure. Suspension cradles, control arms, knuckles, springs, dampers, bushings, stabilizer bars and steering gear deliver low mass, direct response and great driver feedback.
Three suspension choices allow drivers to choose the setup that best suits their driving style. The standard suspension is tuned for a balance of ride comfort and precise handling. The optional Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension features magneto-rheological dampers able to detect road surfaces and adjust the damping rates to those surfaces almost instantly for optimal ride control. It includes larger, cross-drilled brake rotors.
Interior design and features
Corvette's interior is inspired by the car's dual-cockpit heritage. High-quality materials, craftsmanship and functionality help deliver premium quality meant to enhance performance driving. The instrument panel and doors are covered with cast-skin foam-in-place trim with the look of a leather panel. It is warm and inviting and has double the life of conventional trim materials.
An AM/FM/XM radio with CD player and audio input jack is standard. An optional Bose audio system or an in-dash six-disc changer is available. Steering-wheel mounted audio controls are on all models. XM Satellite Radio with a one-year subscription is included with the Bose audio system.
A full-function OnStar system with Turn-by-Turn Navigation capability is standard and an onboard navigation system with voice recognition is available. It is a DVD-based system that uses a 6.5-inch (165 mm) color touch-screen display.
Corvette also features keyless access. When the owner touches the door's touch pad, the key fob's signal unlocks the door. The system's emergency key and other remote-function controls are integrated in a single unit.
Custom leather-wrapped interior package
The custom leather-wrapped interior package is offered on all models. It offers a stylish, two-tone leather-appointed cabin with details that enhance the feeling of Corvette's craftsmanship. Details include:
- Leather-wrapped upper and lower instrument panel, door pads and seats
- Choice of exclusive colors: Dark Titanium, Ebony, Cashmere or Sienna, with unique color breakup
- Padded door panel armrests
- "Corvette" embroidered on passenger-side dash pad
- Embroidered crossed flags logo on headrests
- Unique center trim plate with a gunmetal pattern.
2010 CORVETTE SPECIFICATIONS
325kw (436hp) @ 5900rpm (opt. exhaust)
580nm (428lb-ft) @ 4600rpm (opt. exhaust)
(Coupe, Convertible, Z06)
(with optional Z51 Performance Package)
Front: 325mm (12.8") x 32mm (1.26")
Rear: 305mm (12.0") x 26mm (1.0")
Z51 Performance Package:
Front: 340mm (13.4") x 32mm (1.26")
Rear: 330mm (13.0") x 26mm (1.0")
Rear: 340mm (13.4") x 26mm (1.0")
Rear: 19" x 10"
Rear: 19" x 12"
Convertible: 1451kg (3199lb)